Confused? Which is the Best Sleeping Direction as per Vastu Shastra? Vastu for Which Side You Should keep your head while sleeping?
Sleep means the resting state where our body is not active and mind is in the unconscious state. During this time we are unaware of our private surrounding as well as sleeping directions.
A sound sleep rejuvenates mind & body for the next day. It will keep your energy level paired with the important task of your daily routine. We all spend one-third of our lives in bed. A person who is 30 years old has already spent 10 years in bed.
When you are not sleeping in the right direction, it disrupts the rhythm of your sleep. A true Vastu guideline helps you to experience better sleep in your private place. A bed is an important component in the bedroom. Correct positioning of the bed according to the direction is very important to help you keep healthy and energetic. Everyone should ideally follow a right direction to sleep, as choosing the wrong direction for sleep may give rise to sickness and misfortune. Incorrect sleeping direction leads to brain damage, aging and sleeping complications. Hence it is important to know which is the best direction to sleep.
The advantage of good sleep
- It makes you happier and keeps you in the joyful state throughout the day.
- Sleep is the best way to keep fitness.
- It prevents from the major illness issues.
- Sound sleep protects from the depression.
- Good sleep helps in keeping mind alert and making sound decisions.
- Deep sleep makes a person more productive and therefore able to focus on work.
- You can perform at your highest every day.
- You will be in a state of balance.
- Quality sleep makes you much more productive at work and happier. Yet often overlook this one simple but important rule of life.
- You will not feel tired the next day.
Sleeping with head towards the north – Bed Direction to sleep
According to Vastu rules, the human body acts as a magnet with the head as its the North Pole. If a head of the person points towards the north while sleeping, North Poles of the body and Earth will repel each other, affecting the blood circulation. It causes stress, illness and also disturbs the mind. It will also make you stressed and exhausted. In many traditions, a body of the dead person is always kept with the head pointing towards the north before cremating. It is strongly advised to avoid sleeping with head towards the north. It can make the next morning miserable. Remember, “The early morning has gold in its mouth “ Benzamin Franklin.
Sleeping with head towards the East
Sleeping with head towards the east increases the memory power, concentration and also good health. Students, scholars, teachers and even people in the job should sleep with the head towards the east. It showers the person with new career opportunities, promotions, and higher grades.
Sleeping with head towards the West
According to Vastu, the guest should be given a room which has a bed rest towards the west. It is called a neutral sleeping direction according to the practitioners of Vastu. As a result, neutral direction does not give a quality sleep required for freshness for the next day. Some people snooze till 8.30 to 9 am or even later. It may delay your next day appointment. According to the study, when it comes to sleep, it’s quality – not quantity – that matters most. You will have trouble getting enough sleep. Lack of quality sleep will keep you away from reaching your full potential.
Sleeping with head towards the South
According to the Vastu principles, sleeping with the head towards the south is one of the highly recommended direction. It brings prosperity, good health, good fortune, and quality sleep. People in the business or professional field should ideally sleep with their head towards the south since they are more stressed and busy throughout the day. This results in an improvement in their efficiency and decision-making ability. It will make your waking hours inviting, radiant and pleasant. You will be able to get an uninterrupted sleep of 7 to 8 hours.
- Sleeping in the corner of any room is a poor Vastu arrangement. It does not allow energy circulation in the room. Always place the bed with a space on both sides of the bed.
- The husband should sleep on the right side of the bed and the wife should be on the left side of the bed.
- Avoid sleeping with legs directly towards the bedroom entrance. It may cause bad dreams.
- Avoid sleeping under the beam. A beam carries the burden of the whole building structure, which causes pressing down the luck.
- If you get up multiple time every night, you need to improve your sleep environment.
- As a result, it seriously causes insomnia, lack of sleep and migraine.
- Avoid metal bed. It may create a health issue and restlessness. The element of metal is a conductor and therefore if you are having electronics like mobiles, computers, etc. surrounding you when sleeping, it creates easier transmission from those gadgets
- Do not store junk under the bed. This creates negative energy and you will not be getting a good night sleep.
- Poor sleep pattern harms your health, relationship and even career. In order to be truly productive, you also need to optimize your sleep schedule as well as the quality of your sleep.
- Finally, avoid the bedroom which has a kitchen exactly on the lower floor. Due to this, it may cause a sleeplessness night for the person.
Which direction to sleep? Bed position according to Vastu. Do check your sleeping position according to the Vastu before finalizing a home interior design plan.
ALSO READ ARTICLE ON Toilet, Bathroom, Restroom as per Vastu