Which is the Best Sleeping Direction to sleep as per Vastu Shastra?
Which Side You Should keep your head while sleeping?
What are the side effects of a negative sleeping position?
Which side we should not sleep according to Vastu?
When you are not sleeping in the right direction, it disrupts the rhythm of your sleep. The ancient principles of Vastu Shastra can be easily applied to the sleeping position while planning an interior layout for a new home or remolding the existing one. Vastu Shastra is a science of living harmoniously.
Sleep means the resting state where our body is not active and mind is in the unconscious state. During this time we are unaware of our private surroundings as well as sleeping directions.
A sound sleep rejuvenates mind & body for the next day. It will keep your energy level paired with the important task of your daily routine. We all spend one-third of our lives in bed. A person who is 30 years old has already spent 10 years in bed.
A true Vastu guideline helps you to experience better sleep in your private place. A bed is an important component in the bedroom. Correct positioning of the bed according to the direction is very important to help you keep healthy and energetic. Everyone should ideally follow a right direction to sleep, as choosing the wrong direction for sleep may give rise to sickness and misfortune. Incorrect sleeping direction leads to brain damage, aging and sleeping complications. Hence it is important to know which is the best direction to sleep. Head direction while sleeping is a key consideration as per Vastu.
The advantage of good sleep
- It makes you happier and keeps you in the joyful state throughout the day.
- Sleep is the best way to keep fitness.
- It prevents from the major illness issues.
- Sound sleep protects from the depression.
- Good sleep helps in keeping mind alert and making sound decisions.
- Deep sleep makes a person more productive and therefore able to focus on work.
- You can perform at your highest every day.
- You will be in a state of balance.
- Quality sleep makes you much more productive at work and happier. Yet often overlook this one simple but important rule of life.
- You will not feel tired the next day.
Sleeping with head towards the north – Bed Direction to sleep as per Vastu
According to Vastu rules, the human body acts as a magnet with the head as its the North Pole. If a head of the person points towards the north while sleeping, North Poles of the body and Earth will repel each other, affecting the blood circulation. Due to the strong magnetic field of the earth, there will be a serious energy drain for you. It causes stress, illness and also disturbs the mind. It may even make you stressed and exhausted. All these are unwanted side effects of the wrong sleeping position as per Vastu.
In many traditions, a body of the dead person is always kept with the head pointing towards the north before cremating. It is strongly advised to avoid sleeping with head towards the north. It can make the next morning miserable. Remember, “The early morning has gold in its mouth “ Benzamin Franklin. In our years of Vastu consultation, we have seen large numbers of people suffering from mental sickness due to incorrect sleeping direction.
Sleeping with head towards the East-Best direction for sleeping
Sleeping with head towards the east increases memory power, concentration and also good health. Students, scholars, teachers, author and even people in the job should sleep with the head towards the east. It showers the person with new career opportunities, promotions, and higher grades. As per Vastu, the sleeping direction is a key element.
Sleeping with head towards the West-Neutral direction to sleep as per Vastu shastra
According to Vastu, the guest should be given a room that has a bed rest towards the west. According to the practitioners of Vastu, it’s a neutral sleeping direction. As a result, neutral direction does not give a quality sleep required for freshness for the next day. Some people snooze till 8.30 to 9 am or even later. It may delay your next day’s appointment. You will have trouble getting enough sleep. Lack of quality sleep will keep you away from reaching your full potential. There are no benefits of sleeping in the west direction. According to the study by Vastu experts, when it comes to sleep, it’s quality – not quantity – that matters most.
Sleeping with head towards the South- Correct sleeping position
According to the Vastu principles, sleeping with the head towards the south is one of the highly recommended bed direction. The study also confirms that it reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. It brings prosperity, good health, good fortune, and quality sleep. People in the business or professional field should ideally sleep with their head towards the south since they are more stressed and busy throughout the day. This results in an improvement in their efficiency and decision-making ability. It will make your waking hours inviting, radiant and pleasant. You will be able to get an uninterrupted sleep of 7 to 8 hours. When it comes to productivity, getting enough sleep is essential. Everyone should know the right direction to sleep.
Diagonal sleeping Directions-Corner Axis
Avoid sleeping with head towards the North-east direction. As per Vastu, the magnetic field may harm sleeping patterns. South-west and South-east are considered good sleeping directions for the diagonal bedroom directions. Remaining north-west is considered as a neutral sleeping direction as per Vastu.
Research-Scientific Study on the sleeping position as per Vastu
“A group of 40 female medical students between 18-25 years in the Department of Physiology at Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences was recruited for the study and they were asked to sleep for 8 hours in different directions viz, North, East, South, and West directions for about 12 weeks. After then their Systolic Blood Pressure (SBP), Diastolic Blood Pressure (DBP), Heart Rate (HR) were recorded and the Serum Cortisol (SC) estimated.
On comparing the parameters in different directions it was observed that those who were instructed to sleep with head in South direction for 12 weeks had lowest SBP, DBP, HR, and SC which was found to be statistically significant. Though the study demonstrates that lying in different directions has a definite effect on heart rate, blood pressure and serum cortisol, further studies are needed in different age groups especially with the age of 40plus to understand the mechanisms and implications of this phenomenon.
- Sleeping in the corner of any room is a poor Vastu arrangement. It does not allow energy circulation in the room. Always place the bed with a space on both sides of the bed.
- The husband should sleep on the right side of the bed and the wife should be on the left side of the bed.
- Avoid sleeping with legs directly towards the bedroom entrance. It may cause bad dreams as per the study of Vastu.
- Avoid sleeping under the beam. A beam carries the burden of the whole building structure, which causes pressing down the luck.
- If you get up multiple times every night, you need to improve your sleep environment. As a result, it seriously causes insomnia, lack of sleep and migraine.
- Avoid metal bed. It may create a health issue and restlessness. The element of metal is a conductor and therefore if you are having electronics like mobiles, computers, etc. surrounding you when sleeping, it creates easier transmission from those gadgets
- Do not store junk under the bed. This creates negative energy and you will not be getting a good night sleep.
- Poor sleep patterns harm your health, relationship and even career. In order to be truly productive, you also need to optimize your sleep schedule as well as the quality of your sleep.
- Along with sleeping direction, it is necessary to occupy a bedroom in a specific zone. Place bedroom for the elders, couple, children as well as a guest in the Vastu allowed zones.
- Finally, avoid the bedroom which has a kitchen exactly on the lower floor. Due to this, it may cause a sleeplessness night for the person. Sleep deficiency impacts your career, relationship, and health.
Which direction to sleep? Which sleeping directions as per Vastu is highly negative? Bed position according to Vastu. Which direction do you sleep better as per Vastu? How to draw a house plan so it follows a correct sleeping direction as per Vastu ?
Check your sleeping position according to the Vastu before finalizing a home interior design plan. Get expert advice from Vastu Shastra Consultant, Nitien Parmar, email Vaastu Consultation available.
ALSO READ ARTICLE ONToilet, Bathroom, Restroom as per Vastu Shastra