The center is the “heart of the house. It is the main power center where energy is strongest in the house. Vastu center of the house is also called a distribution center from where energy spreads to all the directions in the house. Many people perform meditation in the center to connect themselves with a cosmic orbit, hence it is a breathing space within the premises. Energy flows out from the centre to all the directions and influences the energy of all eight directions.
The centre of the house relates physically to your naval (nabhi). Many issues related to health (weight gain, constipation, etc.) wealth (instability, balancing etc) are associated with the central zone of your house.
If your center is well placed, it can surely nourish other areas of your house. Hence it is necessary to have this area open and clearly visible. It is a marmasthan (center) of the vastu. Vastu strictly prohibits any heavy structure in the center (Brahmasthan).
If there is a pillar, toilet or a kitchen in the center, occupant of the house tends to have a life with lots of struggles. Many modern constructions have a hidden pillar in their partition walls, which also creates a serious vastu dosha(defect).
When a center of a house is missing in the layout, it invites lots of trouble for the owner and his family.
A staircase in the middle of the house is like having a hole pierced in your heart and it may result in a stressful life.
Many homes have their central area open to the sky. Such homes enjoy maximum vastu benefits. It also helps in correcting or neutralizing any defect inside the home. People before buying a new house must look at the floor plan cautiously to avoid such major vastu defects
Important tips on the vastu center of the house:-
- Avoid borewell, underground water tank in the center of your premises.
- There should not be any bedroom in the central zone.
- Avoid power station, electric panel or also a main switch in the vastu center.
- Do not have any basement in center of the premises.
- Avoid toilet, staircase, kitchen or pillar in the vastu center of your house.
- Central space open to the sky is highly beneficial. Ideally, central area should be living area or passage in the home.
- Avoid plants or rock garden in this zone.
- Avoid painting of a mountain in the central area.
- There should not be a fish tank in the center area.
- Avoid any heavy unit, cupboard, money safe or sofa in the central area of the house.
- In the case of industries, avoid placing machines, material or tools in the central zone of the unit