On a day, a person visits the washroom 4 to 5 times a day. This is a space where we prepare & groom ourselves at the start of the day. Bathrooms and toilets are associated with elimination and waste. They are linked with the body’s plumbing system. The bathroom purifies our body as well as the mind. Going to the washroom and spending some time there is not just a function anymore but is a ritual of rejuvenating yourself. The bathroom is space similar to the spa in your living world.
Proper planning and interior of the bathroom should not be neglected while designing a house as per Vastu Shastra. It pays to invest in even a little thing that comes together for an overall good experience for the entire family. The bathroom should be considered as a premium space as per Vastu expert from India.
Bathrooms and toilet are one of the most used yet underappreciated places in almost every home or office. There can be many Vastu flaws a floor plan can have, some are more serious than others. A poor house Vastu plan creates a disharmony.
Despite its importance, the majority of people do not understand the impact it has on the overall health and well being of the family.
We are all aware of the popular line which says “cleanliness is next to godliness”
Cleanliness should always be at the forefront of concerns when it comes to the toilet or restroom.
Without regular cleaning, washrooms can become a breeding ground for germs that can spread disease.
No one likes to clean up the mess of the restroom used by someone else. So don’t leave it for another person to clean up after you.
Complete clean and spotless toilets with the smell of fresh aroma are a sign of good housekeeping.
The location of the bathroom in an auspicious direction as per Vastu is highly challenging for modern constructions. The bathroom can easily create and store negative energy. There are certainly better or worst locations in your home to have a toilet as per Vastu rules.
Vastu Tips & Guidelines For Bathroom
The following are the few basic but important Vastu tips that can be applied in the bathroom area of your home or office.
- A toilet in the center (Brahmasthan) of your house is a serious Vastu defect. This will destabilize the energy of the entire space. This will create leakage of vital energy in every direction of the house. It will bring multiple adverse effects on the life path. Try to use other toilets available in the house. Install virtual Vastu shifting arrows to reduce the negative impact due to the toilet in the center.
- The front door should not have a view of the toilet door. A positive flow of energy entering the house will flush away from the toilet. Ideally, keep the bathroom door closed in such locations to protect the energy.
Improving Energy for Positivity
- Keep a few air-purifying plants in the bathroom. Plants are an excellent way to correct any Vastu defect naturally. Use plants that are upward growing with rounded leaves.
- Use more stone, wood and natural material in bathrooms. Keep a bowl of earth crystals (petrified wood, garnet or smoky quartz) near the bathroom window or corner. Earth energy will absorb and neutralize the excess water element of the bathroom.
- Colors like blue, grey and black represent water element, hence should be avoided in the bathroom. They will strengthen the water element, which is already there in the bathroom. Choosing a green theme is a great way to bring natural element like green napkins, towels, baskets, personal accessories, curtains, etc. Lighter colors in the bathrooms are more refreshing. The bathroom should have a healthy environment for wow feeling.
- Some pictures or objects can also inspire the energy of the bathroom. Images of trees, landscape or flowers can be considered for the bathroom area. Avoid artwork-related to fishes, river or ponds in the bathroom. Vastu does not recommend to energize the space but to realign for a good experience.
Precautions For Bathroom, Vastu Alerts
- There should not be a toilet above the bedroom. This symbolically indicates flushing vital energy downwards in your direction. The best solution is to move your bed towards the other direction.
- There should not be a bathroom above the kitchen. This will create sick energy in the house and ultimately lead to poor health for the family members.
- A toilet should not share a wall with a kitchen. There will be a mixing of two energy i.e. toilet energy and kitchen energy. Vastu partition strips on walls or door frames can be used to cut off the negative flow of energy.
- A common attached wall between toilet and bedroom is a bad vastu. This will cause restless sleep.
- All the faucets including the water closet in the bathroom should be in working conditions. Any leakages should be repaired immediately. A leaking tap or water closet symbolizes wasted money.
- Avoid having a toilet above the main door, it is highly inauspicious according to the Vastu. A toilet facing the front door is also another bad Vastu location. Fix energy neutralizer on the ceiling along with light facing upwards.
Simple Corrections As Per Vastu For Toilet
- Keep Himalayan salt in the bathroom, which is a natural ionizer. It creates a good quality of air and energy to neutralize any negative energy created due to Vastu defect. Ideally, it should be placed in the crystal or bronze bowl. This correction is very effective when you have a toilet in the North, North-east, South-east or South-west direction of your house or office. Place it the window or shelves on walls in the bathroom.
- Avoid energy correction pyramids inside the toilet. They may multiply the negative impact if they already exist due to an incorrect location. Pyramid strips and plates can be used externally or on the outer door frame of the toilets as per Vastu guidance from experts.
Vastu is not a magical tool but some of the above ideas will move the energy as well as neutralize any negative impact due to the wrong location/facing of the toilet as per Vastu Shastra. These are general basic Vastu tips for the bathroom. Vastu expert help is required if you have multiple defects in your home including placement of toilet.
A Little Box Of Crystals For Bathroom
A new way of making your bathroom the ultimate good vibe zone is by setting up a crystal altar. Ideally, somewhere that you can see from your shower area while you bathe. You can keep those good vibes coming while you get ready for work in the morning!
- Amethyst Crystal – It relieves the stress instantly
- Petrified Wood Crystal – It represents earth energy and keeps you grounded. Must stone for every bathroom.
- Rose Quartz – A stone for heart, which, connects you to loving vibrations.
- Dalmatian – It harmonizes the emotions
- Lodolite – A powerhouse crystal
- Citrine – It keeps your body organs in alignment. Also good for business people.
- Carnelian – a stone for sexual energy.Good for bathroom used by a couple.
Location of toilets and affecting life areas as per Vastu Shastra:-
North:- Career, Job and Business
North – east:- Health and Education
East:- Social connections
Center:- Health & stability
West:- Creativity and Business Gain
North-West and south-east corner is a possible location for the bathroom, but the exact specific zone should be followed as per Vastu rules. Toilet at east north-east or west south- west should be avoided at any cost. Toilet at true north impacts your finances.
Do not be afraid of location your bathroom or toilet, but rather give your care and attention to create good energy in the space. Love, Joy, and peace cannot flourish in an energy polluted Vastu environment.
Click here to consult team vastuplus, India now for an online or in-person consultation